Monday 13 October 2008

Karaoke Kwestions

If you found yourself in the unlikely situation of knowing you were going to have to do some drunken karaoke in a few weeks, and HAVING TO CHOOSE THE SONGS IN ADVANCE (which I put in capitals because IT'S SUCH A STUPID WAY TO DO IT), what songs would you choose? Bearing in mind that you're probably a fairly atrocious singer and have no desire to hog the limelight. Oh, and also the songlist seems to be really England-heavy, ie. full of bands and songs you've never heard of.

At this stage, ABBA and show tunes (from Annie Get Your Gun, because I'm still in the As) are looking like the best options.

UPDATE: No, the song list seems to have EVERY SONG KNOWN TO MANKIND, including Hats Off To Larry (which I always said would be my karaoke song because I was always sure it would never be on any karaoke song list. I'm pretty sure I stole that idea from my sister, actually, song and all), and songs from the musical episode of Buffy. Huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. tricky situation. you want something which suits your voice, and which everyone knows so hopefully they will sing along and no one will hear you. And maybe something short. The Beatles? All My Loving? Help?

Or maybe something that you can sort of shout rather than singing properly, like House of Fun or West End Girls. Or something you know really well? It's a Sin?

Those high-pitched cry-cry-cry bits in Hats off to Larry would be a bit of an obstacle. Plus no one would know it.

The Big Finn said...

I've only sung one karaoke song in my entire life:

"Love Shack" by the B52s.