Wednesday 21 March 2007

Veni, Vidi, Vici

In spite of what I am fairly sure was determination never to go and watch Reto curl again (never to watch Reto play curling? Never to watch Reto take part in a curling match? Never to watch Reto play some moronic sport involving gravel and ice and brooms? What is the correct terminology here?), I inadvertently went last weekend. And lived to tell the tale.

It's not a very interesting tale, and I suppose that last sentence is actually inaccurate because I have not told the tale and I have no intention of telling the tale (I can't imagine who would want to hear it), but I feel quite smug that I went, I saw, I conquered (conquered my fear of going there again, that is). I won't mention the fact that I was several hours late owing to a poorly (or perhaps not so poorly...) planned visit to the Lindt factory shop, nor that I was well armed with several books and the most expensive newspaper I have ever bought ($7!), nor that I once again didn't watch most of what went on, because that sort of information is frankly irrelevant, and might take some of the sheen off my remarkable feat of endurance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to hear more about curling, form a spectator's perspective, maybe you can get someone else to post reports on your blog ? ....LOL....

Surely, at least you can tell us the score and did Reto's team win ?

Vlad

Anonymous said...

I would love to write an not-so-serious Curling introduction/description. But unfortunately I hate to write long texts in English. It is so much easier in German... Best thing would be to ask Reto to participate on your blog and to write a positive post about his favourite sport.
Tina