Thursday 4 June 2009

The Post

Something stupid is happening with our letterbox. There's never anything in it. Well, none of the things I'm waiting for, anyway, one of which (a thing about my upcoming french exam which I theoretically should have received last week or so) is potentially inconvenient, the rest of which (magazines and newspapers I've subscribed to. I've given up on the newspaper, but it was only a free trial offer thing anyway, which apparently the newspaper people weren't so concerned about as to actually bother to send to us, but I've also subscribed to and paid for french National Geographic (which makes me sound a bit loserish, but there you go) and if they don't start sending it to me I will be very annoyed indeed. Which will be annoying because it means I'll have to write cranky emails in french, and I don't want to do that. And I bet I can't bully Reto into doing it for me either).

Stoopid post. No wonder no one uses it any more.

1 comment:

The Big Finn said...

I've heard that Die Post has been cutting back. They're closing some of the post offices, and they've also changed some of their delivery procedures. Now, if they leave a note in my mailbox saying they tried to deliver something when I wasn't home, I can't pick it up after 4 p.m. the same day at the post office like I used to. Now I have to wait until the next morning. I've also noticed that we often don't have mail delivered on Saturdays, and then we have a whole pile on Monday.