Wednesday 23 June 2010

Who Needs 'em?

Oh, and in case you were wondering, single parenting seems to be suiting me surprisingly well (R is off in the army). Under my watchful single eye (just call me Cyclops) No has progressed to sleeping a whopping 10 hours straight (well, she's done it a few times over the last week), I've found the time and enthusiasm to cook myself all sorts of fancy and delicious food that I never really bother with when Reto's home, I've scrubbed half the flat in preparation for moving (next week!) and packed a fair bit of it as well. I'm also an expert (albeit a fairly fed up one) at lugging our stupid pram up and down our stupid stairs a million times a day,and wrangling it onto buses and trains and through tiny tortuous aisles in shops. In between that and all the baby-carrying I'm constantly doing, I'm sure my arms have never worked so hard. Oh, and I successfully took No off for her first lot of vaccinations, which she coped with admirably for the first second or so, but then the realisation that she'd been stabbed in the leg set in and she screamed like she's never screamed before, poor little thing.

Unfortunately, Reto comes home again on Friday (having finished all his army duty forever!) and will no doubt throw everything into disarray, or at the very least force me to watch a lot of sport (Wimbledon AND the World Cup, zzzz) on the telly.

3 comments:

Tina+Bastian said...

I fully understand your feelings! I always loved it when Bastian left during the first year with Léo. So much easier without the 2nd "child"... :-)
I have changed my mind though. Once you have an overactive and badly behaved toddler, any help is appreciated. Especially form a person who is an expert in building with Lego. Therefore: don't kick Reto out to early! :-)

rswb said...

Is Reto a Lego expert? Huh.

As it turned out I spoke too soon, anyway. No spent about 4 hours of last night crying and screaming and generally being hysterical and refusing to sleep. Plus also losing a few bodily fluids all over me, which got old very quickly.

Tina+Bastian said...

I don't know if Reto is a Lego expert... But it appears to me that all men I know have a almost never ending capacity for play while I get sick of it after 10min.

I hope No is ok now!