Wednesday 8 September 2010

Seasonal Confusion

Apparently the supermarkets here are in denial about it still being summer. My local Migros started selling the "autumn" themed yoghurts weeks ago, and yesterday in Coop I saw some Christmas biscuits. Specifically, I found pfeffernusse, which I love and have stupidly missed out on for the last few years because shops seem to sell them briefly in October (or September, I now discover) and I think "ooh, it's too early for that" and then they vanish forever. Anyway, there they were yesterday, sitting on the shelves and giving me the eye, so I bought them and now I seem to have scoffed the lot.

They're not really as good as I remember, actually.

2 comments:

Tina+Bastian said...

I think the taste may change from place to place. It's like the disgusting "mervailles" (for carneval time) at Coop which are soooo much better at Migros.
A perfect excuse for pigging out at home. You may to have to buy all types of brands and compare them properly...

rswb said...

Ooh, controversial! I'm sure I always buy the mervailles from Coop. Actually, I can't be sure, but I do know what the box looks like. It's appalling how easily it is to scoff a whole box of those at once. And especially appalling that Reto stops himself from scoffing them all and then looks at me disapprovingly while I do.