Sunday 30 November 2008

Biscuit Crisis

About a month ago I saw that possibly the only christmas-themed biscuits I really like (pfeffernusse) were being sold by the bucketload in the supermarkets here. I thought to myself "It's far too early to be buying christmas-themed things! If I start now it'll just turn into a non-stop 2-month-long scoffing frenzy" and sensibly I decided not to buy any until December.

And now they've vanished from the shops. Where have they gone? The shelves are flooded with every other imaginable festive biscuit and I'm tormented daily by Reto's hideous zimtsternen (which he loves and I hate) and IT'S MADE ME REALISE THE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF SELF-DENIAL. I won't fall for that one again then, will I?


2 comments:

Tina+Bastian said...

Try Aldi! These shops are usually no good, but the biscuits are cheap and excellent in taste. The Aldis in Brisbane have tonnes of Pfeffernüsse... Perhaps you get lucky in the Fribourg one.

rswb said...

I only discovered last week that there is an Aldi in Fribourg! I've never actually shopped at one before (as far as I can remember) so that will hopefully be an extremely rewarding trip when I actually get around to going!