Saturday 1 November 2008

Crafty-Like

In case I haven't already outed myself as a grandmotherly-type saddo, here's a blanket I'm currently crocheting:
It's taking me forever. I started months ago and am progressing slowly, so I imagine it should be finished by the time summer rolls around (which is handy). I started crocheting years ago when a friend of mine had a baby and I thought it would be nice to make her something as a present. Since then I've decided to give up on baby blankets, because a) I don't know that they're particularly useful, and b) I think I appreciate me having a proper-sized excellent blanket far more than some baby appreciates having yet another thing it can vomit on (or whatever it is that babies do).
I also do a rather awesome range of crocheted finger puppets, though, so if you're a baby-owning friend of mine you may well end up with that as a present one day. Try to look surprised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's purty. But it will be very tricky to do the edges. Are you going to try and make it rectangular?

rswb said...

Nup, the edges are going to be a bit uneven. I thought that would be more interesting (as well as easier to organise).