Friday 7 November 2008

Long Weekend

I'm going to London any second now! For the hen's night of a friend (which is filling me with a certain amount of terror, but more about that later)! It's going to be super, I think - speaking english to EVERYONE, buying newspapers in english and for a reasonable price (as opposed to the 7 francs I very occasionally pay for the Guardian International weekend edition or whatever it is. Which is an outrageous price and the paper is usually chockers full of middle-aged paranoia about private education and ethical gardening and stuff like that. I used to be such a paper-reader in Australia, but here I've turned into the sort of moron that relies on 20 Minutes (and the internet, obviously) for her news)! Seeing people I know! Errm ... I'm not really sure what else one does in England that one doesn't do here, but either way, I'm sure it will be super.

1 comment:

MissS said...

Eat fish and chips, enjoy a decent curry, marvel at the large number of shops, freak out (like me) at the huge number of PEOPLE EVERYWHERE, occasionally say something in another language and have people stare at you (I said "tschüss zäme" to my brother's friends last weekend).