Tuesday 1 February 2011

I got my annual letter the other day to go and renew my B permit (as in my Swiss residency permit). Normally it's pretty straightforward - turn up, give them a photo and the filled-in renewal form, pay the fee and a new permit gets posted out to me. This year they're making me give them my fingerprints and they want to take my photo themselves, and so the process has involved going to the foreigner office to hand in a form, being sent another form telling me to go to the post office to pay for the new permit and then going to the passport office to have all the biometric stuff done. 3 separate trips to places? Including no doubt having to queue for about 25 years at the passport office because it always seems to be chockers? Sigh.

3 comments:

MissS said...

Wow. I hope I don't have to go through that when I get my renewal next year!

rswb said...

as it turns out it was outrageously straightforward and there were no queues anywhere except those few people at the post office. it's still a crappy system though.

Lucas Barrionuevo said...

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I'm here to promote my blog http://reii-dopop.blogspot.com Michael Jackson. Visit here