Friday 2 January 2009

Resolutions

.. or possibly just a list of things to do...

Get a Swiss drivers license (before March, but preferably before February)
Be more proactive about doing things in french (like going to the dentist/doctor/small shops where conversation is unavoidable. I was going to add hairdresser to that list, but since my hair is looking really quite respectable at the moment and I haven't seen a hair professional since March, I've decided not to)

.. Hmm. No doubt there are many more things I could add about getting a job and being a responsible adult, but I don't think I will. Better to keep it all pleasantly achievable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleasantly achievable is good.

Anonymous said...

Do you guys have a vehicle to drive around? The street below your window doesn't look vehicle friendly (from memory).This is Kristie (no google account).

rswb said...

Hi Kristie! Nup, we have no car, and we have no intention of getting one in the near future, and even if we did, I doubt anyone would be very safe if I was driving on the right anyway. I have to switch my license over by then, though, or it gets a whole lot harder afterwards (a practical test as well as the theory one! Eek!). And yeah, our street is pedestrians only.