Saturday 26 July 2008

Surprise!

As you will all no doubt remember, back in May I went to some sort of herb-selling market thing and bought a few pots of basil and parsley and stuff to put on the window sill. I also bought what I thought at the time was a chilli plant, but as it turns out, I was wrong.
What with all the squillions of different names that things go by, it's no wonder I'm relentlessly confused. A capsicum might also be a pepper or a poivron or a peperoni or it might be related to paprika, and then there's all the misinformation and crossed porpoises when you're wondering what pizza to order and it says "peperoni" and you think "well, I don't really feel like meat" but that's not what they're talking about because peperoni is capsicum and not pepperoni (the unexpectedly appealing meaty delight). For crying out loud.

No comments: