Sunday 6 July 2008

Partially Broken Husband

As is their habit, the army returned Reto to me in worse condition that that which I sent him to them in. And it's only been a week! So that was a fun weekend for us both of sitting around and listening to him complain, and of looking at his bruises (which were inexplicable and impressive), and of being made to put my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever. Which, as everyone knows, is a completely pathetic way of judging feverishness. Although apparently not as bad as using our thermometer, which told me that my temperature was 33.7 or something, aka officially wikipedia-standard hypothermic. Which I don't think I was. Happily for Reto, though, according to our thermometer he was also far from being feverish (or even normo-thermic or whatever it's called).

Anyway, I've just posted R back to the army now, so that's all the whining over with* for the time being. Or at least until he phones me ...

mystery bruise







* not that I am complaining about complaining. No one appreciates a good whinge like me. Well, possibly everyone does, but my point is that I like whining just as much as the next person. And sadly Reto hogged all the whiny limelight this weekend.

3 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

I think you should demand a refund - or return the damaged goods. Doesn't husbands come with a warranty, or money-back-guarantee? Maybe you can get Husband store to throw in some husband accessories - no extra charge?

Anonymous said...

You should be happy that he has no ticks - the other week, a Swiss army company on a bivuac exercise got attacked by ticks - 70 men came down with tick bites...

...maybe you better take him to a vet or something

rswb said...

Sadly, Swiss Guy, I can't really be happy for that reason. Through his tick-induced madness and paranoia*, though, Reto refuses to let me write about it here...

That's something to ask them at the Husband Shop - can I get one who doesn't try to censor my words in this atrocious manner, and who has been fully vaccinated?


* he's not actually mad or paranoid, or at least if he is it's part of his normal personality and not illness-induced