Tuesday 6 February 2007

Once A Psycho, Now A Sicko

If the army had rented Reto from me for these last 3 weeks, they would not have got their deposit back. Three weeks ago we had a fond farewell at Zürich train station and my boyfriend was looking all shiny and healthy and clean-shaven (albeit kind of annoyed and laden down with mountains of useless army junk). When he dragged himself home on Friday night he was still annoyed and burdened with crap, but also bedraggled, stubbly and sick, sick, sick. Frankly, these are changes I could have done without (although I am a fan of the unshaven messy look. Tidy people always make me feel a bit inadequate).

Anyway, since Friday things have degenerated. I have spent the last four days listening to him cough, sneeze, blow his nose, cough, complain, snore, hack up big gross globs of phlegm and slurp at his tea relentlessly, at all hours of the day and night. All the time. You have no idea of the sleep I have missed out on or of the oceans of snotty tissues I have had to wade through.

We had garlic soup for dinner last night. It was as bad as it sounds, but at least if it doesn't exert its therapeutic power and make him better and stop me from getting sick, it should at least keep us both safe from vampires.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oooh, have you taken photos of Reto laden with mounds of snotty tissues in order to post them in classic 'Stuff on My Boyfriend' style?

Anonymous said...

Sadly not, and you know I was looking to see if there is a stuffonmyboyfriend.com site the other day and apparently it is under construction! Nice! And it saves me the trouble..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.