Tuesday 19 January 2010

Guessing Game

Reto stopped at a bakery and bought some bread on the way home last night. He also brought me a present.

Me: Ooh, is it from the bakery?
Him: Yes
Is it bread?
No
Is it cake?
No
Is it a biscuit?
No
Is it a pastry?
No
Is it fruity?
No
Is it custardy?
No
Is it chocolatey?
No
Is it savoury?
No
Is it really from the bakery?
Yes
Is it ...

[hours later]
Is it an incomprehensibly Swiss occasion-specific specialty that I will never ever guess?
Um .. no
Did you really get me a present from the bakery?
Yes

And eventually I gave up. Apparently the correct guess would have been "is it something like a madeleine but in the shape of a bear?". Which I would say actually counts as a cake.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooh, was it an official Madelbaerli? Those are good.

rswb said...

It was! And it was surprisingly delicious. I'm not normally a fan of things that are too almondy (with the exception of almonds) but this was really nice.

Jennifer said...

I loves me some Madelbaerli. In fact, I think I'll ask my Reto to bring some home next week.