Wednesday 22 August 2007

Whingy Absenteeism

As it turns out I am likely to be hopeless at blogposting for the next little while while I get back into the swing of having actual things to do for which I have to be punctual and presentable and bring at least some of my brain. By the time I have coped with the stress of these *&^$#ing german lessons and done all my homework and finished with all the commuting and complaining and generic housework (which I am forcing Reto to be far more involved in lately, a plan which I think is coming along quite nicely. Today when I got home the flat was practically sparkling. This could just be because he is fed up with all the studying too and is desperate for an alternative, but that's a gift horse I'm not even going to glance sideways at so we'd best stop discussing it right now), I don't have much enthusiasm left for looking at the computer even more.

Plus of course I am too much of a social butterfly this week to spare the time. It seems I am in a relentless whirl of tripping across the country to visit my fellow countrymen(women)*, across the canton to visit people I hardly know and to eat delicious Indian food**, across the town to watch grown men wearing scratchy nappies and fight over a cow***, and across the room to go to sleep****.






* Olivia in Bern tomorrow! Yay!
**
Badenfahrt again on Saturday, with other people and more food
*** SchwingFest on Sunday, with my shiny new mock-Swiss (ie. they live here but they're not) friends
**** Self explanatory. Zzz

No comments: