Sunday 11 November 2007

Wedding Update

On the wedding front:

* Venue for the reception: check (and considering that that obviously includes also a hemisphere and a date, it's quite impressive. Not that we were ever planning on having the wedding over here)
* All Switzies (who need to book flights etc, for which they need vast quantities of notice, or at least as much as we can manage, which in this case is only a few months) informed of date: check

* Celebrant: check

* Wedding rings: check

Apart from inviting people, which I assume we will do fairly soon, everything else is officially not urgent/essential and may never get done. Yay for me/us.

4 comments:

mischa said...

some of those stereotypical switzy organisational skills appear to have rubbed off on you!

rswb said...

Hahahahha, yes, I'm a paragon of organisational wonder and Switzy virtues. Or something like that.

Heather Hukins said...

Congratulations on being so organised! I am still working on my own wedding saga. Venue for the reception: nope. All Yankies (who need vast notice) notified: check. Celebrant: check. Wedding rings: Another ring? We have officially started making lists of people to invite. It looks like we may need a larger venue than the one we haven't started looking for yet.

rswb said...

I'm really glad we avoided the engagement ring thing. Looking for wedding rings that we could both live with was pretty arduous, and I can only imagine how much more I would have disliked it if we had spent ages staring at engagement rings too (although maybe I might have had no/minimal input in the enagement ring part, I don't know. But then I would have had to put up with Reto complaining of jewellery-fatigue anyway, so it would have been just as bad). Although I guess most people have a bit more time between the proposal and the wedding than we are..