Thursday 1 November 2007

Things I Have Been Doing Lately

Looking at wedding rings and brochures, grr ..
.. and being stared at (discreetly, but obviously not enough that I don't notice) by jewellers who are presumably wondering what sort of hideous accident made my little finger so freakishly crooked.

Making the most of the last weeks that the library in Aarau is open (they are closing in 3 weeks and not opening again until the end of the year, but we are moving out at the end of November so that means that I have to read all the rest of the english language books there in the next 3 weeks, and watch all the DVDs that I mean to watch).
Laughing at Reto, who has recently decided that wearing socks and Birkenstocks is a totally acceptable option. Fortunately he only does this in the privacy of our own home, but the second he thinks about stepping outside like this is the second that we start having a serious conversation about Unacceptable Fashion Choices That May Well Result In Domestic Disharmony. Incidentally, he can't really cope with the idea of not wearing socks when he is indoors, a trait that he has apparently inherited from his family, all of whom exclaim relentlessly when they see me walking around on warm carpeted surfaces with no socks on.
As well as that, I saw a woman in a cafe yesterday who was wearing a jumper that I own, which was weird, and on the weekend I ate a deer. Well, a small part of one, and also these mysterious deep fried apple slices (kinda like apple doughnuts, but apparently from Ye Olden Days, and ridiculously oily)

5 comments:

mischa said...

So how did your little finger become so hideously deformed?

rswb said...

It's genetic. I like them. I think other people's fingers look weird, personally.

Nick Jensen said...

Man they're long. It's cool though - in a haunted house kinda way.

mischa said...

wow, that's weird - and cool. like having your second toe longer than your big toe, but rarer.

by the way, i'd be more concerned about reto's swishy parachute pants than his socks and sandals... (but then, i've worn my pyjamas to the shops).

rswb said...

It's funny, because my sister has these fingers too, but then she broke one of them and the Dr set it so it is straight now. So if she ever asks you which one you think she once broke, it's a trick question.

I got these excellent furry velvety green trackie pants a while ago and the other night I thought seriously about going out in public in them (only to walk across town to a friend's place, but still). In the end the deciding factor against it was that my coat is green too and I might have looked like a frog.