Wednesday 9 April 2008

Speed-Typing In The Library

Hey everyone! Just a wee note to let you know that we have moved into our new flat (which is awesome and nowhere near as ramshackle as I had feared, but still charmingly ramshackle), that Fribourg is lovely, that my french lessons are surprisingly non-hideous (although I may have inadvertently agreed to go out for lunch with the class lunatic, but only because he was waffling away at me in french and I didn't know what I was agreeing to), and that we have no internet access at home yet. So I won't be emailing. Not for awhile.

Oh, and we have no couch. The delivery dudes turned up with it, they hefted it up three flights of stairs and then it was about 10cm too long to fit through the doorway. So thankyou very much to Keith and Patsy for the ridiculously luxurious rug which we now spend all our time sitting on. Sigh.

3 comments:

Kim/moolric said...

Aren't there any delightful cafes near by with wi-fi access?

Anonymous said...

Congrat's dude - when are you sending us pic's/posting them online if you really can't get to a delightful nearby cafe with wi-fi capabilities?

rswb said...

I haven't really looked for delightful wifi-ed cafes nearby, but as it turns out the library is extremely handy - nearby, long opening hours, lots of table space (and power points) and, best of all, free (with R's uni internet access). If only I was drinking a coffee now it would be super.

Pictures? Actually, I might go home now and take some. The sun has finally come out and the light may well be lovely.