Thursday 15 May 2008

Dress Ups

This town is positively a-twitter with monks and nuns. There are monasteries and nunneries all over the place, and for some reason it's always strange to see these people dressed in their old-fangled outfits (long sweeping robes and funny hats and so on) getting around doing normal things, like catching the train or going to the supermarket. Much like it's also strange to see normal people (such as my husband) dressed as army people, hanging around and smoking and loitering at the train stations with their enormous, ridiculous guns. It's like there's some elaborate dress-ups game going on, and I haven't been invited*.




* Not that I necessarily want to be invited to a life of austere chastity, or to one of being trained up to kill people

2 comments:

swissmiss said...

I just found you via Global Librarian and just had to say I kept track of was my GA worth it too! I love knowing there is somebody else out there keeping tack of each little ride! And my Museumspass just arrived, so I will have to keep track of that too now. And our husbands share a name. Hi.

rswb said...

Hi! I was wondering the other day if I should abandon my GA tally (because it is so obviously going to pay for itself within about 6 months) but I'm a bit swept up in the habit of it all now. Plus I enjy the slighly (or possibly very) anal nature of it