Wednesday 14 May 2008

Will I Look Insane?

Would it be completely insane to get my (presumably talentless) husband to cut my hair for me? On the "yes" side (as in yes it would be insane) ... well, as mentioned, he probably is talentless at hairdressing. On the "no" side, I hate going to the hairdressers, there is no particular need for me to look respectable/non-loopy at the moment, I have no ability to express my hairdressing requirements in any of the available languages (I even struggle in english, actually) and therefore would probably end up looking just as unlike I want to look if Reto cuts my hair as if any hair professional in this neck of the woods does it. Oh, and hairdressers are idiotically expensive here, so think of all the money I would be saving ...

I asked Reto if he would be willing to do it and he said "no" for a while, then eventually "yes", but I secretly suspect he only said "yes" to scare me into shutting up about it. I am a bit scared. Anyone have an opinion?

7 comments:

Global Librarian said...

How bad could it possibly look?

Here's a website which may help:
http://www.hairfinder.com/howto/how_to_cut_hair.htm

Ms Mac said...

I cut my own hair. But mine is dead curly and you can't really tell if it's got a good or bad cut anyway.

What do you want done? Just some taken off the ends? I'd let him have a stab at it. Not literally, of course.

Anonymous said...

Do it, do it!

Kim/moolric said...

Make sure you get some nice sharp hair cutting scissors before he tries it.

And we expect before and after pics.

Nick Jensen said...

No worries - it's a walk in the park. I honestly don't know why hair dressers are so well paid. It's overrated if you ask me.

Most people can do a mohawk on another person. I've done it a few times, and Liv does it regularly on me - biiig deal!

- you ARE planning on a mohawk, right?

mischa said...

my flatmate cut my hair about half an hour ago (i'm fiddling on the net while she has a shower then i'll go and sweep up). she'd never cut anyone's hair before and she did a bloody excellent job - and i have short hair, which is harder. i haven't been to a hairdresser since i was 14. i agree with nick that they're totally overrated.

happy birthday for tomorrow too. hope the sun shines and you don't encounter too many nuns or soldiers.

rswb said...

Yeah, it seems like I might say goodbye to the terror of the hairdresser's chair. Although it's also good to know that if Reto turns out to be a NO-GOOD TALENTLESS HACK, that I will be able to fandangle the semi-professional assistance of an auto-cutting expert (that's you, Ms. Mac. Brace yourself for a hysterical phone call. Or maybe a jaded one)