Tuesday 28 April 2009

Living In The Past

Hmm. Reto just called his mum, who was preoccupied with babysitting her new(ish) grandson and therefore not paying proper attention to R's (undoubtedly) scintillating conversation. At the end of the call, she said "Well, have a nice dinner and say hi to Tina for me". Erm, that would be Reto's ex girlfriend then. From about a million years ago, admittedly, and who I've since stolen from him (as in she's my friend now, not his) but still.

Good thing I don't have any mother-in-law issues that need a bit of extra fuel. Not to mention jealous ex-girlfriend rage.

3 comments:

Literary Strumpet said...

Yes, good thing it wasn't me being you and my MIL being you're MIL and Tina being my object of jealous rage. Otherwise, it all would have been very messy indeed. How can you possibly be so tolerant and forgiving, then, eh?

rswb said...

Aah, it's the fortunate combination of my zen nature and my rampant ego. As if Reto could find someone better than me!

Tina+Bastian said...

The surprising part of this story is the fact that Reto's mother never really liked me... And that it has been more than 10 years that he had been my high-school boyfriend. Anyway, it's nice to be remembered... :-)
Looking forward to seeing you soon, by the way! Do you want something from Australia? I could bring a few macadamias if you want...
Cheers,
Tina