Wednesday 30 May 2007

Bad Timing

Arrested Development is on telly here every night! This must have started while we were in Berlin because they are only up to the 6th episode or so. It's such bad timing, though! Right when I am about to leave the country. Sigh. Not that it's such a disaster because I've seen it all anyway, but a refresher course is always nice.

In other bad news, apparently Twin Peaks is being shown on TV here as of next week. I never saw this at the time (because I lived in the country and we didn't get the TV station it was on), but I always thought it might be up my alley in spite of my general fatigue with all things David Lynch-related.

2 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Why not just get them on DVD?
Usually older seasons get cheaper (except Star Trek).
Me & Liv just can't follow shows on TV - having to be slave to yet another thing is not very appealing, and so we have many tv-shows on DVD, like Star Trek (yes EVERYTHING), Sopranos, Desperate Housewives, Weeds, Futurama, Simpsons, Friends, C.S.I. (Vegas of course) - and quite a few more, instead.
Granted, you'll have to cover your ears occasionally, when people blabber on about the latest episode, but it is well worth it in the end. Being able to close the blinds, pull the phone cord out of the socket, and watch an entire season of your favourite show under the doona, during the weekend.

- that spells R & R in my book :)

rswb said...

I don't really like buying DVDs, possibly because I often don't feel committed enough to many series to want to own them forever. Although my sister went through a bit of a frenzy of buying Frasier DVDs a while ago (because she's about 10 years behind the times) which was fun. I'm an unemployed grot, too, and should probably spend my money on more basic things (like groceries, and holidays to Berlin).