Monday 16 June 2008

New Hair

Reto cut my hair and now he thinks he owns it. It looks perfectly normal, in fact better than I had imagined it would (although shorter than I asked for, but we all saw that coming). Now I catch him staring at me quite a bit, and while I always think for a moment "aww, he's gazing at me with love-struck adoration" (today it's four months since our wedding, in case you're interested) I soon realise he's staring at my hair, and he's staring at it critically. He always comments on how uneven he thinks it is, and this morning he said he thought it looked like a boy's haircut. Which is really a criticism of him and his hair-based skills, but I also can't help but hear him saying to me, his shiny new wife "you look like a boy". Grr.

4 comments:

mischa said...

or marvelling at his own handiwork? please post a photo.

rswb said...

i just changed my blog post, so your comment doesn't follow on as nicely as it used to, misha. sorry. And i might post a photo.

Meanwhile, what's the go with the zombies? You were totally unrecognisable in some of those pictures.

mischa said...

yes, robin, it was weird to re-read your post and think, hang on, i'm sure that's not what it said yesterday!

i don't really know what the go was with the zombies. apparently the zombie shuffle is an annual international event - an opportunity for goths and zombie lovers around the world to dress up and walk around groaning "brains!" for an afternoon. there's no more sense to it than that, i don't think. this is the joy of moving to a new city. i doubt i would ever have done it in sydney, but here i had a few mates who were going, so i thought "why the hell not?" and it was a lot of fun. people went to such enormous effort!

rswb said...

lordy, I didn't even realise I spelt your name wrong. And I guess I didn't even need to write it since it was obviously your comment I was referring to. sorry, trischa.