Sunday 24 August 2008

Alone At Last

Olivia left yesterday. It was really nice having her here. She kept doing the washing up (which was excellent because it saved me from having to nag Reto about it). She got hilariously drunk after a single gin and tonic. She was atrociously bad at bowling and at Ligretto, this card game that R & I were given a few weeks ago, thus saving me from having to lose at everything all the time (which was a nice change and yet still didn't manage to make me enjoy myself). She helped with the cooking and had ideas about what we should eat (which was great. I hate the fact that Reto is so blank when it comes to food). Oh, and she gave us the gift of toast! Olivia asked us what we wanted as a belated wedding present and we said "a toaster!" and, surprise surprise, she gave us one! And it's all fancy with its buttons and knobs and croissant warming rack, and I have a tube of Vegemite at the back of the cupboard that I haven't eaten any of in aaaages (what with the lack of toast-making facilities) and now I've had toast two days in a row! And it's great!



Olivia: sucks at bowling. Although embarrassingly enough, she did beat me once.
Her camera is kinda crappy too.

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I want a croissant warming rack now.

Although, it would be a Gipfel warming rack here, I suppose.

Still, want one!

naechstehaltestelle said...

That is the most useful toaster I've ever heard of. A croissant warming rack...perfect for Switzerland.

rswb said...

Tragically, I don't actually like croissants and Reto doesn't have the wherewithal to buy them for himself (by which I mean that I do the grocery shopping and he's unlikely to ever actually buy a croissant himself). I guess I could warm muffins on the rack, but I prefer my muffins room temperature ...

It's still the most excellent toaster ever, though. The buttons all make a really satisfying muted clicking sound.