Sunday 10 August 2008

Things On Our Living Room Floor

A rug (recently vacuumed. Our normal standards of tidiness don't warrant photographing):This rug was a wedding present, and a much appreciated one given the Swiss loathing for carpeting. All of our floors are hard and cold and not at all pleasant for sitting on, so this rug (which is really thick and densely furry) creates a lovely oasis in the living room.

The other interesting thing on the living room floor at the moment is this:

Which is the beginning of a blanket I am making. Which I suspect might take forever to finish, and I also think that I might start to regret the uneven size of all the squares and the boring arranging I have to do to make the edges all neat and even (hmm, maybe I won't make the edges even. That's an intriguing idea), but hopefully one day it will be all pretty and useful and finished. The purple is much more purple than it looks in that photo, too.

2 comments:

mischa said...

how terribly clever you are! it's very pretty. i've just taken up knitting, but i am a long way off crocheting.

rswb said...

I can't knit at all, which is sad because I have a pattern for an excellent jumper that I want to make. A friend of mine here says she will teach me, though, which could mean the blanket won't be finished for even longer .... (but I won't need it to keep warm because I'll have the jumper! Yay!)