Thursday 25 October 2007

Grr

Personally I am enthusiastically looking forward to the days of the peak oil crisis and resulting apocalyptic/disaster type situation when I never have to bother feeling bad about my extravagant wasting of the world's resources again (because there will be no more resources) and when I never have to book another *&^%$#ing international flight again.

I am currently in the throes of changing the dates of a flight from Zurich to Sydney in January, and from various phonecalls to Swiss (airline) I have now ascertained that the flight I particularly bought because it let me change the dates for free is now either unchangeable unless I pay a fee of around 800 CHF, or totally unchangeable (depending on who I speak to. I phoned yesterday and heard that it was going to cost a fortune, than I panicked and said I would think about it while I checked various other sources of information, then I called back today and was told it was totally impossible to change no matter how much money I threw at them, then I got Reto to call the german-speaking call centre people about 2 minutes later and they said it is still possible to change but I have to pay the 800 CHF and the woman he spoke to couldn't instantly confirm both legs of the flight so we have to call back again later. Grr). Which may mean that I will miss my own wedding. Hmm.


UPDATE: I have the flight. I don't want to talk about the cost though. Grr.

3 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Erhmm - wedding? *looks puzzled*

Anonymous said...

Way to announce your engagement with lots of fanfare, Rob.

rswb said...

3. announce wedding with not a lot of fanfare and possibly in such a manner as to cause some offence (check)

(see also "Awkward Belated Announcement" comments)