Wednesday 3 October 2007

The Cold Hard Light Of Day

My sunnies broke the other day. It's not the first time, and they are only a crappy cheap pair from Manor, but I still have every desire to rescue them and none to go and try to find a new pair, and so I have been forced to try to fix them myself. The tiny screw that holds the arm on fell out unexpectedly while I was in a cafe the other day, and so after grubbing around fruitlessly on the floor for five minutes I gave up, went home, experimented with a toothpick and then mangled apart the biggest paperclip you have ever seen to create this:


Which is not ideal. Not only do I have an enormous metal spike living dangerously close to my eye, in this land of excessive kissing I am also in danger of inadvertently poking other people's eyes out too when they lean in for the kill. I mean kiss.

So consider yourself warned. Until such time as I get new sunnies or some sort of metal clipping device, I pose a great threat to your future visual opportunities (assuming we meet and I kiss you. Or you kiss me).

2 comments:

mischa said...

once that same screw fell out of my cancer council sunnies while they were still under warranty so i took them back and they had a drawer full of those tiny screws and replaced it. (they were going to charge me $1 for it, till i produced the receipt showing they were still under the 1 year warranty.) maybe you should ask at your local sunnies shop.

rswb said...

That could be an idea, really. Or even at the local Bunnings equivalent. Assuming there is one.