Sunday 21 October 2007

Votin'

It's votin' day in Switzerland today. Everyone gets their votin' forms posted to them, and you can just post them back (which Reto did a few weeks ago), or apparently you can take them off to a polling booth today and bung them in the votin' box. Which seems like a strange option to take, but apparently people do. Or they just don't vote at all, because it's not compulsory here (except in Schaffhausen, apparently, which is weird).

In other electoral news, I seem to have successfully applied for a postal vote in the upcoming Australian election, but frankly I am not holding my breath for the forms to arrive. Last time I applied for a postal vote I was in the USA and my voting forms were sent to my home address in Australia. Which was not very handy.


UPDATE: Oh Switzerland. It seems the "black sheep" thing hit a bit of a chord. In general it seems that the right wing vote is kinda up and the lefty vote is kinda down.

4 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Yeah - it's frightening. Same thing has happened over the last 7 years in Denmark. DF (the danish equivalent of the swiss black sheep party) is gaining stronger and stronger foothold. It makes no sense...

rswb said...

I hope it's not a prediction for what will happen in the Australian election in a few weeks ...

Anonymous said...

The outcome of this elections is disgusting, a shame for Switzerland!

Nick Jensen said...

So it seems that Denmark joins you. The prime minister just issued an election in 20 days.

I sincerely don't hope DF gains any more gound...