Saturday 29 September 2007

Apple Day

Yesterday was apparently Apple Day, which meant that farmers (or possibly not really, because I imagine they have better things to do. Strapping outdoorsy-looking and kinda hairy young men, in Aarau's case) were giving away apples at the train stations and on buses* and so on. The apple I had was the most delicious apple I have had in a long time**, so crispy and crunchy and not too sweet. Yum.





* The strapping/outdoorsy/hairy men weren't on the buses, actually. I saw only unmanned boxes of apples on the buses. The men were at the train station.
** With the possible exception of an apple I had at lunchtime yesterday, actually, which was in this weird salad that seemed to involve little except slices of Granny Smith and a bunch of mushed up avocado. Possibly some lemon juice or something as well, I suppose, because it hadn't browned at all. It was absolutely delicious, and kind of odd.

No comments: