Saturday 29 September 2007

Not Very Blokey

Reto has taken to ordering lattes lately whenever we go out for coffee (which is all the time. And incidentally, a cafe latte is called a schale here), whereas I am sticking with my tried and true favourite, and formerly his as well, the kaffee creme (which is like a long espresso, I suppose, with an excellent little container of this thin cream stuff, or possibly really fatty milk if you want to look at it that way. The best thing is that the cream container always has some dorky picture on it, and it's always a bit exciting to see what you will get. The pictures come in themes that seem to hang around for a while before the next one appears. My favourite cafe here, Gossip, has had nothing but boring pictures of old-fangled coffee bean grinders for the last few months, but the art gallery cafe, which used to have the coffee grinders too, has moved on to pictures of dogs, so I am hoping that Gossip will also soon drag itself into a new age of cream as well. Because I go there far more than I go to the art gallery cafe). Practically without fail, I am given his coffee and he is given mine.

Apparently I am wearing the (coffee) pants in out relationship, and he's hopelessly girly.

2 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Anything but coffee as black as night, is not very blokey.

- for the record I like Nescafé with lots of sugar, and if I go to Baresso or Starbucks it's Ice Blend or Frappucino - neither of them have much to do with coffee really.

I used to care for good coffee once. Now I'm just in it for the caffeine and sugar.

- guess I'm not wearing any coffee pants either. I feel naked...

rswb said...

Hee hee hee, coffee pants.

I am vaguely mystified by coffee. People seem to have such strong opinions on what is good and what is not. I just know I don't like it too watery and I don't like it too milky, and I don't like all those poxy little Nespresso type things that seem to mean that all the coffee machines you could buy these days are ones that don't use real beans, but rather those poxy pre-ground, heavily packaged ones and that mean you are trapped forever using the same stoopid brand of coffee. Grr.