Friday 21 September 2007

The Mysterious Julia

Something strange is going on (and I don't just mean me posting three posts in one day). This morning I noticed that someone else who lives on our floor had left a big tree branch outside their door. Not only this, but the branch had a piece of tape wrapped around the end of it, and on the tape was written "Julia". Hmm.

This afternoon I was out throwing away our old tins and things (oh, okay, empty wine and gin bottles) when I saw a woman and a little girl walking along, and the woman was carrying a big branch not unlike Julia. Then when I was coming back into our building I saw an oldish man trying to affix a huge branch to his bicycle, and then try to cycle off while maintaining some sort of dignity (which it's apparantly impossible to do).

Mysterious.
UPDATE: I went out again later in the evening and was practically swamped by people lugging huge branches around, and home-made lanterns. As it turns out it was this, not just a bunch of crazies and tree-huggers out roaming the streets in a disorganised fashion, and then later on there were fireworks too.

2 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Branch (tm)
- the perfect solution for the tree-huggin' hippie on the go.

*batteries not included

rswb said...

Ha, that's fantastic! A waaaaay better explanation that the (dull) truth!