Thursday 27 September 2007

More Supermarket Adventures

As I was wasting time at Migros yesterday* I happened across a development in the chocolate section. It's dark chocolate (although only 55%) with lemon and pepper. "Hmm", I thought to myself, "that could be absolutely disgusting or it could be the most delicious thing ever". As it turns out it's pretty delicious, and really lemony, and it has little crunchy shards of something in it. It has inspired me to try the vanilla chocolate that is also new. And also to be a little bit sad that there isn't more innovation in the use of lavender as a flavouring agent. Sigh.







* Actually buying 3 different types of cheese. Honestly, our fridge is tiny tiny tiny (smaller than a bar fridge!) and there is hardly room for anything in it except cheese. And capsicums and zucchinis and grapes, all of which I am scoffing mountains of lately.

4 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Lavender???
What is it with australians and the complete lack of common sense, in distinguishing between which flavours go in candy, and which scents go in soaps? For the love of all that is holy (and candy really IS) - Musk lollies? It's soap with sugar... and you wan't lavender as well?
Man you peoples are weird...

Btw - if someone who knows Kim happens to read this, then that someone could do me a favour and remind her that she promised to send me a care package (for the last two years).... including musk lollies as well. Yes I know - what's with the double standard, you ask? Well - nobody here in the land of PROPER candy believes me, when I speak the tales of the soapy sweets from down under. I need proof, dammit - even if it means that my friends will have foamy mouths...
- yeah - someone should remind her...

rswb said...

Sigh. Lavender is completely delicious. I used to have this lavender syrup stuff that you were supposed to put in coffee, and it was fantastic. I used to have it in horrible instant coffee, which made it (the horrible coffee) totally delicious. Aaah lavender.

Nick Jensen said...

Caramel or chocolate syrup I can understand. But soap? No thanks... ;)

rswb said...

Btw, Nick, I told Kim about her (alleged) promise to send you musk lollies etc. I told her on Messenger, and her response (as far as I can remember) was "lol". So don't hold your breath ...