Tuesday 12 February 2008

Grr.

Last night I had a dream that the wedding was over. It was the next day or so and I was thinking back on the wedding and wondering if I had managed to fashion my memories into something more appropriate than the pre-wedding rage/indifference that I currently have going on. As I was thinking back on it all I realised that I could hardly remember anything at all about any of it. I had a vague sense of actually being at the reception and I remembered saying hello to a few people, but I couldn't recall the ceremony, or any speeches, or eating anything at the reception. And then I realised, while still actually dreaming, that I must have been dreaming.

I can't tell you how disappointed I was.

2 comments:

Tina+Bastian said...

We are very much looking forward to your wedding. It will be great - I'm sure!!!

As a enthusiastic reader of the Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy, I would love to write DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters. But unfortunately this doesn't really seem possible in this comment window. I also admit to have some trouble to imagine how "friendly" letters look like...

rswb said...

I don't know if I am panicking or just jaded and hopeless. It's still good advice, though, as far as you can translate it into "oh, forget about it all. Just have a nice lie down and perhaps a gin and tonic. And then don't forget to memorise your vows/think what you might say in your speech/remember to pick up your imminent-in-laws from the airport/organise the music for the reception/etc etc". Maybe that last sentence should be left out, actually. Hmm.