Thursday 21 February 2008

Wedding Anecdote Number Four

Arguably the worst feature of our wedding was that, as a consequence of me spending the first half of the evening all a-jitter with nerves about forgetting my vows (which I sort of did, although not to such excellent comic effect as when Reto jumped in a bit too early with his "I will") and about making a speech, I didn't get around to eating anywhere near as much of the yummy food as I had hoped.

Reto and I had spent quite a while contemplating the menu and I was especially looking forward to the poached herby chickeny thing, which sadly I don't think I even noticed let alone ate. Happily though, I managed a few delicious oysters and some smoked salmon crostini things, and I was also extremely pleased to see various friends and relatives chasing down some of the waiters with the fancy-pants sausage roll things and also the prawn skewers. Aah for someone else to have a wedding there (or anywhere, really) so I can do all the eating and none of the fretting. Hint hint, anyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so that is what those little biscuits had on them, a poached herby chickeny thing. They were very tasty.

Anonymous said...

The food was so so so good! My fave was the fancy-pants sausage rolls and the tomato and bacon soup in the adorable little coffee cups. And the oysters. And the swiss choccies. Mmmm, swiss choccies...