Tuesday 1 January 2008

Blog Nerdery

Because I apparently have too much time an not enough imagination, I decided to do this blog year in review thingie that I read about elsewhere, where the idea is that you take the first sentence that you wrote in each month and bung 'em all together to make something ridiculously disjointed and unreadable. I was actually only doing it for my own entertainment, but the fact that the first sentence from January was so prescient about the entire year to follow makes me want to share it with all of y'all so that you can marvel at my unchanging nature and solid reliability. Or something like that.
I have been meaning to start a blog for some time now, so
that I can complain about things but not have to complain in
group email form, nor type out the same complainy rant over
and over and over again, and so here I am.

Things often attack me.

Being the dedicated girlfriend that I have apparently become, I went to watch Reto compete in a
curling match last night.

I was reading one of those crappy free newspapers that you get on trains yesterday and there was a small article about Australia's abysmal stance on climate change.

A rough and heavily abridged guide to what I did yesterday:
I read my friend Evil Heather's blog.

I thought of something else annoying that happened when we
were in Berlin: we got to the first place we were staying at.

It's good to see that
Our Thorpey, now that he has
given up on swimming, has something else to occupy his time.

Well, it's
Switzerland Day (which is not what they call it here, but it's what I have decided to call it), which apparently means it's fireworks time.

Something funny was going on in Aarau yesterday.

Today when I was at the supermarket (lots of my stories seem to involve those words. How depressing) I got a free sample sachet of sweet chilli sauce.

Looking at wedding rings and brochures, grr ..

Aah Aarau, how I will (do) miss thee.
Looks like I might be a bit of a whiner after all.

No comments: