Sunday 6 January 2008

Highlights Of Today

First there was the bit when I drove to the airport to collect my sister, and then lost the parking ticket thingie that I got when I went into the carpark. Of all the places to lose such a ticket the international terminal at the airport in Sydney would have to be the worst place ever (their parking rates are so extortionate and I'm sure that if you lose the ticket they charge you for a full day) but after a brief period of panic and being cruelly mocked by Reto, we found a ticket on the floor near where I had recently got my wallet out of my bag (and no doubt inadvertently let the parking ticket fall out of it) . Closer inspection revealed that it was very likely our actual ticket (the time of entry to the carpark was about right), but then a moment later we saw another parking ticket on the ground a few metres away! We checked it too, but that person had come into the car park about 2 hours before us, and so the ticket went back to the ground. I did wonder if that was offensive/messy/rude (to throw it back on the ground like that), but then I decided that if someone had tidied up our lost ticket we would never have found it again. I'm such a good samaritan/litterer.

And then later in the day was the bit where we were attacked by tiny tiny birds in a park. They seemed to go mainly for Reto's head, but they were really sort of terrifying so we had to move to another patch of shade, and then the birds switched their swoopy attention to a wee dog instead. Aww.

No comments: