Monday 7 January 2008

It's Not Me, It's .. The New Me

Since I got back to Australia I have read my horoscope in about 4 different newspapers/magazines, and although I don't believe in these things at all it seems that now is apparently a super time for me to have a frenzy of organisation and planning. And judging by what I have achieved over the last few days, that is right righty right right.

I successfully drove all over the place (really, this is the first time in about a year and a half that I have driven anywhere, and all this Switzerland/Australia business really is making me confused about which side of the road I belong on). I found a nice dress to wear to my wedding (not yet bought because I am waiting for someone to order in my size, but it is super and just what I am after). I nagged Reto into liking a suit he found (he already mostly liked it but needed a bit of a nudge in the right direction). I largely avoided jet lag (although that being said it is currently 9.30pm and I am hopelessly tired and Reto is already asleep and hogging all the bed space). I saw some of my friends (quite the achievement given that I am a bit on the tired side by about 8pm). I sorted out all this moronic confusion with my flight back to Switzy in March (no small feat given that I have absolutely no faith in the desire of airlines to facilitate anything). The pièce de résistance, though, is the fact that today I went to the registry of births, deaths and marriages and I officially changed my name. Yes, I am no longer Robyn X, now I am Robyn Y (picking up my new birth certificate tomorrow, so maybe that's when I officially become Ms Y. Who knows). I'm sure there's a whole lot of psychological trauma attached to this but happily I feel like I am a bit too busy/tired at the moment to really notice. No doubt it will warrant a bit of a rant at some point in the near future.

2 comments:

mischa said...

wow, you've effectively renounced your family! so, who are you now? did you opt for both changing your names to a third name?

rswb said...

I didn't renounce anyone! Although my mother did say (when I first told her about the new name plan) "why would you want to be related to a bunch of strangers in the phone book?". She's on board now, though.