Monday 21 January 2008

Stray Photo For The Day

This is apparently the Swiss Corner at my parents' house.

The calendar was a christmas present from Reto and I, the cuckoo clock was apparently my father's long-held dream, realised about 15 years ago when we went on a European Adventure, including a brief whiz around Switz. I think the clock might be broken now (not such a disaster after my parents having to listen to it cuckooing every quarter of an hour every day for more than a decade) but that certianly doesn't mean it's going to be thrown out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He he he...

...Snow pictures at (insert the temperature in Australia right now) degrees.

rswb said...

Yeah, I certainly wasn't thinking of snow while I was at the beach today. Although Reto did comment on how easy it is to adjust from moving from the depths of winter to the height of summer in a few short steps.

Anonymous said...

may i ask where the calendar comes from, here in ch?

rswb said...

We found it at some generic newsagent/calendar-selling type shop in Zurich. I think it was called "Swiss Classic". I believe it was relatively cheap (sorry mum and dad, if you're reading)