Monday 25 June 2007

Laundry Revisited, Again

Now that I am back in Australia you would think my laundry woes would be over, but no. I did a load of laundry today for the first time since being back (which is almost 3 weeks! My standards of personal hygiene have slipped enormously since I moved to Switz, but I don't care at all. Admittedly my sister did a load of laundry for me once, but that was a fortnight ago, so it hardly counts) and as it turns out our washing machine is broken broken broken. It fills up with water alright, but somehow it doesn't know when to stop any more, so you have to stand there watching what is going on so that you can turn the water supply to the machine off if necessary (which it isn't always, just to keep you on your toes) to stop it overflowing all over the floor, but then if you have turned it off you have to turn it on again so that they cycle keeps going, and then you have to do it all again while it is rinsing. Which means you really have to be there staring at the machine for the entire time it is doing its thing. Which is annoying.

On a happier note, Reto apparently managed to break the washing machine and some of his clothes in Aarau the other day too, which fills me with a strange sense of satisfaction and non-incompetence. Or at least the feeling that if I am incompetent, he is too. Which is comforting.

No comments: