Wednesday 6 June 2007

Semi-Coherent Pre-Sleep Ramble (aka Hello From Sydney)

Well, I'm back. The flight was as arduous as you might imagine 26 hours in the air(ports) would be, but I had 2 seats to myself on both flights, and an exit aisle on the first (shorter) one, so that made things a bit better. I watched thousands of abysmal movies and my luggage was hardly destroyed at all (just slightly squashed), so quite successful all round, really.

It's peculiar being back, although less so now that I have had a nap. I had my hair cut this afternoon and the hairdresser and I had a lengthy chat about how strange Switzerland is with it's shops being closed on Sundays and ... urm .. people speaking foreign languages and all. Actually, I don't really know what we talked about. I am tired. I'm not too sure about my new hair, either. It's quite short.

I have discovered that my blog looks horrible on my sister's computer. On her screen the background looks sort of yellow and horrible. On my screen it's sort of salmony-beige and pleasant. It's disappointing. Perhaps you all have the wrong idea of me.

I'm starting to understand why Reto always used to be such a complainer when he came to Australia. Our tap water is kind of horrible (although I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough, and the tap water in Aarau is undoubtedly worse) and it's absolutely freezing inside our house (more so than it is outside. It's actually kind of pleasantly cool outside). I now understand the pleasant aspects of indoor heating.

No comments: