Saturday 2 June 2007

Zzz

Reto and I went and saw Two Days In Paris at the movies last night (nothing to do with Paris Hilton, before you ask). I was vaguely hesitant because it is partly in english and partly in french, and I was concerned that I would have to try to understand the french bits by reading the german subtitles, which frankly is not ideal. And so I stumbled through the first 20 minutes or so, furiously occupied with reading the german subtitles whenever they spoke in french (which was a goodly proportion of the time, really) and not necessarily knowing what was going on anyway. It was only after I had sort of given up on it (because it all just involved too much thinking) that I realised the french bits were also being subtitled into english! Yay! Which was annoying because I had already missed lots of stuff, but obviously a good thing in general.

As it turned out it wasn't really that enjoyable a movie anyway. Neither of the main characters were particularly likeable, and they were a bit much into navel-gazing and talking at great length about nothing. I'm starting to think I have become far too critical of movies lately.

No comments: