Saturday 9 June 2007

Movies (part one of seven million)

I suspect that any posts I post in the next 2 weeks are going to be relentlessly boring and badly written. I had my first proper day of film festing today (for that is what I am doing, in case I haven't explained it. The Sydney Film Festival is on). Last night I saw La Vie en Rose, which was the opening night film, which was handy because I had wanted to see it in Switz but didn't because the french/german thing (as in, with no english subtitles) held me back. As it turned out it was super. Today I watched a relentless stream of movies about dysfunctional families, and about being an immigrant (illegal or otherwise), and also about the downfall of communism. Oh, and there was something about bread and revenge, but I missed half of it because I was eating lunch. All of which was excellent, if somewhat depressing and tiring. Still, only the first day of 14 or something, so I am bracing myself.

The down side (apart from being tired and depressed) is that people keep phoning me and I miss their phone calls and am unlikely to ever call them back because I am constantly watching movies and also, I have no credit on my phone (which I am about to remedy). So rest assured, people. If you have tried to phone me it's not that I'm ignoring you. Or at least, it's fairly unlikely. Maybe I'll call you back in 2 weeks or something.

No comments: