Monday 4 June 2007

Packing Crisis

I have an unorthodox packing problem. I am leaving for Australia in something like 10 hours. I am not taking that much stuff, because I think I still have a bunch of junk (like clothes and shampoo and so on) over there. The only suitcase I have here is ABSOLUTELY ENORMOUS. I don't really want all my stuff rattling around inside a huge suitcase and getting broken and so on. What do I do? Buy a new suitcase? Pack this one full of scrunched up newspaper? Take more stuff?
Weird.

5 comments:

Nick Jensen said...

Buy an inflatable spider, inflate it, and stuff it in there. Problem solved....

- anything inflatable really...

Global Librarian said...

Take the big suitcase and stuff it with newspaper for the extra space.

You will likely bring back more than you currently think you will. At least that was my experience the first time I want back to the US. I ended up buying another suitcase while I was there. It was the only way to bring back the new clothes, assortment of bath products and plethora of food I brought back with me.

Much of it not even for me, but for other expats who needed things as well!

MissS said...

This isn't a dilemma at all. If you take a mostly empty bag you can fill it with new Aussie purchases for the return trip. Enjoy shopping somewhere where the conversation with the salesgirl doesn't start with "Sprachen Sie Englisch?"

Unknown said...

Put Reto in empty space and smuggle him into the country...

rswb said...

Vlad, that is the most excellent idea ever. Too bad you didn't think of it before I left Switz. In the end, my luggage contained no loved ones, and wasn't mangled too much in the course of travelling across the world. Although it did look a bit sad and squashed and strangely angular on the luggage carousel this morning.