Wednesday 19 March 2008

Mr K

For reasons I feel no pressing need to go into, I made an amigurumi kitty cat a while ago. I was toying with the idea of giving the finished product to one of the small people I know, but when he was finished I realised he was far too adorable to suffer the drool and vomit of tiny people, and was much more suited to a happy life at Chez OurNewSurname. And so here he is. Introducing the many faces of Mr Kitty:

there's "at-ease kitty" (note the hint-o-crankiness about him)

"cranky kitty"



and "cranky kitty number 2" (although he could also be pretending to be a monkey here)

Isn't he versatile?

8 comments:

mischa said...

versatile, yes, and cute too, but i'm afraid he doesn't look much like a cat. more like a monkey, even when he's not in monkey-asana. but then i suppose it's hard to make pointy ears. or maybe he's one of those funny "scottish fold" cats.

rswb said...

Mr K and I will pretend we didn't hear that.

On an unrelated topic, I don't think amigurumi is known for it's lifelikiness.

Anonymous said...

He has a cat mount and nose. Is Mr Kitty his official name or just a stopgap?

Anonymous said...

mr k reminds nme of mr bean's teddy, not so much in apperance as his range of tricks. can you hypnotise him?

Tina+Bastian said...

Léo likes the amigurumi you made for him very much. Thanks again!!!
Unfortunately it is so cute that I'm scared he will destroy it by vomiting milk over it or something similar. It's therefore a toy for special days... :-)

rswb said...

I'm not sure if Mr Kitty is really called that or not. He might also be Mr Pea (because he is partially stuffed with dried split peas) but that sounds a bit icky.

I suspect of you tried to hypnotise Mr K it wouldn't work. I don't think he would have the patience for such frippery.

Nick Jensen said...

My Flat Eric doll says it want's a new friend. Can he play with Mr. K.?
Eric has grown tired of undead monkey doll, who instead has a fling with Walruss doll.

Yes I'm a grown man with stuffed toys. Wanna make something of it? :D

Kim/moolric said...

He would look a lot more like a cat if he had pointy ears.