Saturday 8 March 2008

Not Asleep

Well, here I am at 6.30am on a Saturday morning, all bright-eyed and awake. As I also was an hour and a half ago. Which is far better than yesterday, when I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep, but it's still not really ideal.

In addition to my lack of sleep, I am also having a quality of sleep issue. For a start, the bed we have here is tiny and Reto is pathetic at not hogging all the space, and secondly, I had a nightmare last night! Happily I don't really remember it, apart from some vague idea of lots of death and blood, but I do recall that I woke up traumatised. I blame it on the fact that yesterday we went to my favourite library in this neck-o-the-woods, the Aargauer Kantonsbibliothek, and, true to form, there were lots of new and/or currently popular books around in english (because apparently no one but me ever borrows anything in english from there). And so last night I started reading "No Country For Old Men" (having failed to see the movie yet) and it was all death and blood and sociopathic violence with the threat of lots more to come. So it's no great leap of personal insight to see where the dream might have come from.

No comments: