Thursday 13 March 2008

Mysterious Occurrences At The HOT

Something strange is afoot. The other day while having a shower I noticed that ... I was not alone. In what I imagine is a display of total unSwitziness (for I have never seen an unauthorised creature in anyone's home here. Which seems remarkable given this nation's abhorrence of fly screens), there seems to be a spider living in the shower here at the HOT. Although not such a fan of spiders myself, this one looks mostly harmless and so I have decided not to tell anyone in case they decide to kill it.

Strange thing number two happened a few days ago. A big box of Lindt balls turned up on the doorstep. No one knows who put it there or why, but it was in pristine condition (ie. unopened and apparently untampered with) and so after a few days of hemming and hawing we decided to throw caution/paranoia to the wind and scoff the lot. No adverse reactions so far, but if I mysteriously don't write anything here in the next week or so, you'll know I've most likely been poisoned.
Please note that the photo above is not an accurate portrayal of reality. The real packet of chocolates was bigger, redder, less empty (indeed unopened), and the daffodils at the back weren't in bloom. I like daffodils.

4 comments:

Tawns said...

Where/what is HOT? Have you found an awesome new flat and your neighbourns are incredibly lovely & just want you to know that you are welcome there & can use the laundry anytime?

Anonymous said...

It's the mystery of the yummy chocolates. How super. It's like something by Enid Blyton. Did you have them with lashings of ginger beer?

rswb said...

Dude, you have to keep up, Tawny! HOT ("House of Trollop"), if you had been reading last December, is what I am calling the place where we are staying at the moment (which is the home of Reto's sister and her husband). It's a bad acronym for various reasons, mainly because I think of the place as Hotel ****** (the *** business being their actual surname). Sadly the awesome new flat thing is making slow progress. We have actually been offered Number One on that list, but we are waiting to see what happens with Number Two, which also looks promising but for some boring reason is moving along verrrrry slowly. I just want a new home. It's not fair.

And not so much with the ginger beer, Step. Although it would have been appropriate. Of course, if we had have been poisoned it might have been confusing as to whether it was caused by the choccies or the ginger beer.

rswb said...

I mean Steph, not Step.