Thursday 6 March 2008

Not At Work

All yesterday morning while I was gadding about town [having the world's most delicious breakfast at a cafe near my place that I am very sad to say I only discovered yesterday] I was hoping that some random stranger would comment on the fact that it was a Wednesday and I wasn't at work, ask me if I was having the day off and thus allow me to say "no, I'm actually emigrating today". But no one did.

Happily my sister managed to work it into the conversation, though. She was in a meeting and she had to leave a little bit early. Everyone apparently glared at her and she said "sorry, but my sister's emigrating today and I have to drive her and her Swiss husband to the airport", and then apparently everyone looked all astonished and talked about that instead of whatever the meeting was about. So that was good.

No comments: