Friday 14 March 2008

Why I Kinda Miss Aarau

We went to Aarau yesterday, and in addition to finally seeing a movie I have been wanting to see for ages (Into The Wild), eating some rather excellent tapas and seeing a good friend, we also scored all these books ...... for a mere 20 francs! Well, okay a few of them are library books, but we bought 14 of them at the second hand bookshop. Lugging them all the way home again was annoying, but definitely worth it!

Now if you don't hear from me for a while you won't know if it's because I have been poisoned or because I am hiding under the covers with a book.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh cool! I might have to visit Aarau myself one day.... I've not seen a second hand bookshop yet. Would you be willing to share the address?

rswb said...

Of course! Although, I don't actually know it. This http://www.buecher-brocky.ch/ is the shop's website (and it is the crappiest and least friendly website ever, I think, unless it's all somehow the fault of my computer) and as you will see they also have shops in Zurich, Basel and Lucerne. I've only ever been to the Aarau one, and that shop is fairly enormous and has a good few metres of shelf space devoted to books in english.