Saturday 21 July 2007

It's A Short List

Things that I had forgotten that I missed about Switzerland:

Seasonal yoghurt! I've just been to Migros and apparently the yoghurt of summer is Kiwi and Stachelbeere (which is gooseberry, whatever that is), Red Johannisbeere (which is red currant, whatever that is too, although I do happen to know because I picked a bunch of them in Norway once, but I had no idea what they were called until I googled them just now), and, in a lovely gesture towards Switzy-Australian relations, Peach Melba. I haven't tried any of them yet, and I am a bit sceptical about how nice they will be (I don't think that kiwifruit goes with dairy products, and red currant is too tart), but I like the fact that they exist.

And that's about it. I said it was a short list.

4 comments:

mischa said...

i think the cream and kiwi fruit on top of your good aussie pavlova would disagree with the proposition that kiwi and dairy are incompatible.

rswb said...

Hmm. That's a good point, actually. Interestingly, I would also say that passionfruit and dairy products are incompatible, but the Pavlova Conundrum seems to throw a spanner at that, too.

Kim/moolric said...

I would go so far as to say that any fruit can be put in a smoothie. It's the vegetables you have to worry about.

Nick Jensen said...

I can recommend rhubarb and strawberry yoghurt. It's not quite as sweet as peach melba.