Wednesday 25 July 2007

Shutup!

Someone is doing something to the house next door. A few days ago I noticed it was all covered in scaffolding, and then the next day someone was spraying it with a high-pressure hose, and now, and constantly for the last 2 days, something involving a lawnmower or a clunky old VW or something is going on. I don't know what else all the racket they are making could be coming from, but it's relentless (except when it stops for a tantalising 30 seconds or so, and you hope maybe it won't start again, but then .. it does) and it's starting to drive me insane. Grr.

4 comments:

Caity said...

Is the house stone?

Maybe they're cleaning the outside.

Kim/moolric said...

How come you're not on facebook then?

rswb said...

Why does everyone keep talking about Facebook lately?

rswb said...

Oh, and I had hoped they might just have been cleaning the house, but the racket went on for days and the hose thing vanished after a very short while. Happily today was noise-free, though, so I am optimistic that it might all be over. There is still a lot of scaffolding, though, which I guess is a bad sign.